Notable Software has been involved with the development of high-quality computer products since the early years of the microcomputer industry. Each of our packages, suitable for use by a wide range of age groups in a variety of settings, is the result of months of extensive experimentation, development and testing.
The Notable Software design team is comprised of multi-disciplined professionals with expertise in: Computer Science, Software and Electrical Engineering, Education, Human Factors, Systems Analysis, Microsystems Design, Technical Writing, Interactive Multimedia, Graphics Design, Animation and Computer Music. This combination of creative talents insures the broad appeal of our product line.
Notable Software products are currently being used by educators, professionals and students in schools, businesses and homes throughout the world. We are looking forward to adding your name to our rapidly growing list of satisfied customers.
In addition to the products and seminars listed here, Notable Software also provides custom programming, software documentation and training services. We offer educational seminars and lecture/demonstrations on a variety of computer-related topics through our training division, Knowledge Concepts. Please contact us if you would like further information.
- Note Trespassing: These invaders are musical notes which must be matched with their letter names as they fly by on the staff! As each note is indentified, its actual pitch is played through the computer speaker. No previous musical training necessary. Features include: choice of 8 different clefs, three levels of difficulty, sound or muted response, hi-resolution display looks exactly like printed music.
- Musical Match-Up: Challenge your ear against the computer in this fascinating musical game! This program will familiarize you with some of the basic concepts of music theory as you learn about major, minor, augmented, diminished and seventh chords in root position and inversion. Numerous play options are available which permit you to customize the game to fit your abilities. Easier levels may be played by persons having little or no musical training. The more difficult levels will baffle even professional musicians. Features include: 10 difficulty levels, choice of staff display or chord names, music produced by the computer system - no additional hardware needed.
- Flags of the World: Do you know which national flag design is the oldest in the world? What country's flag was inspired by a flock of birds? What colors are in the flag of Andorra and why? What is the capital of Chad? The answers to these and many more questions can be found in the Flags of the World game! Use the learning mode to explore various parts of the world and discover exciting facts about the countries, their capitals, and the history and meanings of their colorful flag designs. Then match wits with the computer in a fascinating game of flag identification. Numerous play options and levels of difficulty are provided to make this a challenging game for all ages!
- Geography Scramble: Players must unscramble maps of various parts of the world in the least number of moves. Try our hi-resolution maps and our bonus puzzle images, or use your own pictures with this game. Features include: variations in puzzle mode, scrambling speed and number of puzzle pieces, ratings after each game.
These presentations are suitable for faculty in-service, school assemblies, computer club meetings, educational organizations, parent-teacher gatherings, arts symposia. The content and duration of these talks can be varied to suit a wide range of age groups and skill levels. Titles include:
For pricing and ordering information on any of the Notable Software products and seminars, phone 609/587-1886 or 215/327-7105. Mailing address is: P.O. Box 1166 - Dept. W, Philadelphia, PA 19105.
- An Illustrated History of Computer Music
- Computers in the Music Classroom
- MIDI Fundamentals Workshop
- The Mac in the Music Studio
- Virtual Arts Therapies
- Auditory Illusions, Computers & Psychoacoustics